Saturday, June 23, 2012

St. Pete Swoon, Part II (Furnish Me Vintage)

Alrighty, so this is part II of my awesome day in St. Pete. Earlier I shared about Paper Street Market. Lovely, Celesta told me I had to go down the street and check out Gasplant Antiques (she told me they had amazing Mid Century, so of course I was interested!), so I made my way further down Central Ave. I walked up to the pink building and in the store I go...

My first instinct was kind of "Meh, it's an average antique store." But I was excited to look around and see if I could find any goodies for my client.

So I wondered around the first floor, then made my way to the stairs. I went up the staircase and was greeted with the stunning vignette. My jaw hit the floor. It spoke to me and I swear it said "Well hello darling, you've arrived to your dream vignette. Please, stay a while."


I cringed as I over heard a husband scoff about "ugly door knobs, and weird legs" on the furniture. I honestly wanted to sit him down and give him a good education on Mid Century design. How could he ignore the beauty and craftsmanship in this stunning furniture? Not everyone has to love it, but you gotta respect it!

I walked a little to the right and went to the next vignette, featuring Bertoia Chairs and beyond...


Then I grew sad, I thought my little Mid Century world was in St. Pete was done, or so it seemed, but then this lovely sign caught my eye and I quickly learned there was an upstairs...


Oh, Furnish Me Vintage, you are my newest best friend (I'll be by later in the week with new "BFF" necklaces)...

I went up the stairs and turned the corner, I honestly thought I had died and went to Mid Century heaven. This is where all the good furniture in the world comes to rest in peace. I was sure I was in heaven, I was going to see the Pearly Gates any moment, angels would start singing, a white light would rush over me. But nope, I wasn't dreaming, it was in fact reality. So I wiped the drool off my face and made my way through paradise (insert Coldplay song, "Paradise")...




This sofa is drop dead sexy. And I love the fabric they selected for it...

I wouldn't have a hard time finding a spot for these babies in my house...

Every man wants a recliner, and over and over again I keep telling David no. They kind of make me sick inside. They are just such an eyesore! But I think I may have found the chair to make us both happy, this chair could surely be my man's best friend. It reclines back ever so gracefully and has a lovely ottoman to prop up your soles...

I love the wire detailing... call me crazy, but we just might have a winner...


I love the Edison Bulb print! (and everything else pictured too)

A striking piece of wire art...

So please, tell your friends, tell your neighbors, Florida finally has an amazing Mid Century source!! The owners are delightful and you will love them. I am so happy to have found this shop! If you stop by, tell them I say hello!



















No comments:

Post a Comment