Monday, June 11, 2012

MAD, for Mid Century Mod

Well, my friends, season 5 of Mad Men has come and gone, and I don't know about the rest of the world, but I am still trying to figure out what to do with my Sunday nights.



Season 5 presented it's viewers with many jaw dropping scenes. I am left craving more. Hopefully though, we won't have to wait as long for season 6 as we did for 5.

From the start of Mad Men, I have been in love with the fashion, the drinks, the interiors... basically every square inch that shows up on my television.

So let's indulge ourselves in a little Mad Interior Style...

Let's dip into the New York City apartment of dashing Don Draper and his gorgeous wife Megan. Clean lines, open floor plan, sunken living room. This pad would be great for entertaining. 


Look at this modern kitchen! Do you like the color blocking on the cabinet panels? I also like the display of the beautiful colored glasses. 


I was recently in Chicago, and made a trip to one of my favorite spots The Golden Triangle. I was in a sea of Mid Century finds. My Mad Men soul was singing with happiness! Here are a few pieces that could be infused into an interior to get that coveted Mad Style...

Beautiful Pair of Barrel-Shaped Chairs, c. 1950 from Hungary:

This great weave fabric looks brilliant on these stunning set of French arm chairs. C.1960 Paris, France
Image via: Golden Triangle

I swoon to have a sideboard like this in my dining room. It resembles the style of the one pictured in Don & Megan's dining room. Mid Century Sideboard C.1960 England
Image via: The Golden Triangle

Here are some current interiors with a Mid Century Mod influence:

I adore all the colors going on in this living room. I think it's the perfect balance of mixing metal and wood. I also enjoy the casual vibe that is created by leaning the framed art rather than hanging...


This environment designed by Thomas O'brien has such a lived in feel. It's not over the top Mid Century, but just as enough surprises to make it feel that way...

Okay, first let's talk about this ahh-mazing window. Can you say "wowza"? The lovely landscaping is complimented by such simple furniture. No fuss about it. I love everything about this room...

Wouldn't you love to just eat a sandwich or drink a cup of coffee at the nook? The sunny colors, fun lighting,  1960's lifestyle photography and let's not forget the famous Bertoia chairs. Everything about this space says "hello, from the mid century mod days". I think even Don Draper could be jealous...


Until next time Mad Men. 
xoxo












No comments:

Post a Comment